Reporting options for 2021
Last year the way Signet distributed reports to clients was very different. With limited access to print and postal services, we worked hard to get the latest information in front of breeders; with most of our clients getting pdf reports for their flocks emailed following the submission and analysis of data.
Over the winter we have updated every sheep report so that our reporting services can be accessed directly from the database, day and night. In most cases each report can be produced as either a pdf report or as csv/xls files. The great thing about online reporting is that it is:-
- More flexible - meaning you can get exactly the information that you want for any given report
- Always up to date – as reports are produced in real time.
This season the main focus of our reporting will continue to be through the provision of electronic reports; but we intend to offer a more tailored service to meet your requirements.
Thus clients can now receive:-
- PDF reports to view and print at home.
- Simple CSV/Excel output files containing flock records in a format that you can be sorted and filtered on home computers.
- Farm software CSV/Excel output files. Designed primarily for Shearwell users, as Border Software clients can already access their EBVs directly from the Signet database using new API functionality that has been integrated into FarmIT3000 software.
- Paper reports on request. This will consist of a printed copy of the PDF reports for individual flocks.
- No reports at all. With clients getting the data they want directly from the database as and when they want it.
- Select the reports you want
To set up your own flock preferences please log onto the database and click here Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see an area where you can easily select your preferences. You can also indicate if text/email reminders would be useful, as and when these services are developed.