Adrian and Lyn Coombe, Dupath Farm, Cornwall
- The sheep enterprise form part of the 154ha mixed farm alongside Barley, Potatoes and 180 Dairy Beef cattle
- 380 North Country Mules and 120 ewe lambs graze permanent pasture and improved grass leys, the majority of his ewes are now provided for the RamCompare trial
- Lambing indoors in March, lambs are fully recorded and weighed regularly post weaning
- Rotational grazing is used where possible with weaned lambs utilising silage aftermath
- All lambs are finished from grass and sold deadweight.
Key finding: “The RamCompare project has given us a better understanding of EBV’s and their importance when selecting rams as a terminal sire. Having trialled five different breeds in the first year, it has certainly opened our eyes to selecting rams based on EBV’s and not just by breed.” Adrian Coombe.